Wholesale Frequently Asked Questions
Thank you for choosing Bug Soother to protect your family from mosquitos, gnats, and other biting bugs! To help with questions you may have, please check out our FAQ below! Thank you again for your patience and for supporting our business! We are proud to make Bug Soother right here in the USA!
- New Wholesale Customers
- Returning Wholesale Customers
What does Bug Soother do?
- Bug Soother is a non-toxic bug spray with natural* ingredients that repels insects safely & effectively, when used as directed.
Who can use Bug Soother?
- Adults, kids, pets, livestock, tigers, and more. Please note that we do always recommend that you try a “skin test” with ALL products and/or consult a medical professional when trying ANY product for the first time, whether natural OR synthetic!
Are Bug Soother products DEET-free?
- Claims for absence of an active ingredient such as "DEET-FREE" is considered misleading in nature. This claim is therefore disallowable under FIFRA (Federal Insecticide, Fungicide, and Rodenticide Act) sections 2(q)(1)(A) and 12(a)(1)(E). Consumers can readily determine if a pesticide product contains an active ingredient (e.g., DEET) by reviewing the active ingredients listed on the front panel of the label. Because all active ingredients must be listed, the absence of an active ingredient in the ingredient statement would indicate it is not in the product. Simply Soothing® represents that Bug Soother® qualifies for exemption from EPA registration under FIFRA Section 25b.
What is Bug Soother's shelf life?
- We recommend that you use your Bug Soother within 2 years of purchase. So why not stock up for next season, too?
67H13N8 as an example
- First 2 digits change with each new lot of raw material
- Alphabetical indicator of year (H=2021)
- Next 2 digits indicate week in year (13th week)
- N8 indicates the formula
Are your products tested on animals?
- No. None of our products are tested on animals or derived from animal byproducts. We use only non-toxic ingredients, with lower levels than in other leading brands.
Why was it so important for the creation of Bug Soother a non-toxic bug spray?
- Bug Soother was created to be gentle enough for children & those with sensitive skin, yet strong enough to be effective against flying pests like mosquitoes & black flies (gnats.) Synthetic chemicals in many products can irritate the sensitive skin of those we love, so it is important for us to keep Bug Soother as NATURAL* and effective as we can, nourishing your skin with natural ingredients* AND protecting you from bug bites. Our natural ingredients* also help give Bug Soother it’s amazing “Scent of Summer” that smells great, but bugs hate! Some describe the scent of our natural* bug spray as vanilla ice cream, cookies, cake, refreshing citrus, and more. Natural products are also more environmentally friendly.
- Please note that we do always recommend that you try a “skin test” with ALL products and/or consult a medical professional when trying ANY product for the first time, whether natural OR synthetic!
What are the ingredients in Bug Soother?
- Active Ingredients: Lemongrass Oil 0.8% Inert Ingredients: Purified Water, Vanillin, Glycerin, Castor Oil, Soya Lecithin, Lemon, Vitamin E 99.2%.